WORD PLAY | Vocabulary Building Word Game for ESL - Plays like Scattergories
WORD PLAY is a great game (similar to Scattergories) to brainstorm vocabulary words. Choose a letter and your students must think of vocabulary words within each category on their card starting with the chosen letter. This game is always a classroom favorite and I decided to make it a little bit more colorful and easy to use. The possibilities are endless with 80 different category prompts, you can use this game over and over again with different starting letters!
What's included in this download:
Full color and B&W versions included
- Basic Vocabulary (20 categories)
- Spring (10 categories)
- Summer (10 categories)
- Fall/Autumn (10 categories)
- Winter (10 categories)
- At home (10 categories)
- At school (10 categories)
- DIY (students can choose their own categories to make their own game).
- Box Labels
- Suggested letters (alphabet letters with the most word possibilities)
- 1 recording sheet for student answers
|This resource is also available for purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers. If you prefer to purchase it there, follow this link.
How to assemble and use this resource:
This is a full color pdf file. After printing the resource, I recommend laminating the cards before cutting. This increases durability and ensures that you can continue using this set again and again.
How will you receive the resource?
After your payment has processed you will be redirected to a download page where you can immediately download the file and save it to your computer. You will also receive an email containing a link to the resource.
* Due to the digital nature of this product. Hot Chocolate Education does NOT offer refunds. Once the product has been downloaded, it can't be returned and refunds can not be issued