Vocabulary Building Card Game: Name Three Things Prompts for ESL & ELL
Vocabulary building card games are wonderful for encouraging speaking, listening, reading and thinking skills in English classrooms! This game plays like UNO and to use a card students must think of 3 different words relating to their card. There are 80 cards in the categories that students can easily relate to: school, home, food, family, objects, etc.
Example: "Name three items you bring on a picnic" (blanket, picnic basket, food)
- Your students must think of three different things. Answers will vary
- If the question is answered incorrectly, use the opportunity to discuss relevant answer options.
- 80 Name Three Prompt Cards
- Each card is in one of four colors and features a number from 1 to 10
- 4 DRAW TWO cards >>>>> the next player must draw two cards
- 4 SKIP cards >>>>> skips the next players turn
- 4 REVERSE cards>>>>>> reverses the order in which turns are taken
- 4 WILD cards>>changes color
- Box Labels for Storage and Organization
Easy and low prep. Just print, laminate and cut out the cards to use over and over again throughout the year.
|This resource is also available for purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers. If you prefer to purchase it there, follow this link.|
How to assemble and use this resource:
This is a full color pdf file. After printing the resource, I recommend laminating the cards before cutting. This increases durability and ensures that you can continue using this set again and again.
How will you receive the resource?
After your payment has processed you will be redirected to a download page where you can immediately download the file and save it to your computer. You will also receive an email containing a link to the resource.
* Due to the digital nature of this product. Hot Chocolate Education does NOT offer refunds. Once the product has been downloaded, it can't be returned and refunds can not be issued