Verb Games Bundle: Past Simple Regular and Irregular Verbs
Are you looking for activities and games to practice the Past Simple Verb Tense with your students? This is a great money saving bundle with 4 games that specifically target the past tense (both regular and irregular). After you've taught, drilled and reviewed this verb tense, what students really need is PRACTICE. These simple games give them just that. They are fun and engaging but do not require huge amounts of time.
- Dominoes: Do your students need help with memorizing and practicing common irregular past tense verbs and regular past tense verb ending pronunciations? (-t, -d, -id) I think that these ending sounds can be so confusing for students that they really need help and practice. This is a great game to help with these endings. There are two separate games included in this set. In one set, students must match the present tense to the past tense of the irregular verb. In the second set, students must match the regular verb to it's proper pronunciation ending.
- Bingo: Make memorizing irregular past simple verb forms a little more fun with this Bingo Board Set for ESL - EFL learners! I've included 36 of the most common irregular past tense verbs that can be a little tricky for ESL and EFL learners! A full list of the verbs is detailed below. There are two different versions of the game included in this download.
- I Have - Who has: It's an easy-to-play irregular verb grammar activity. It’s a fantastic way to practice 39 different past simple verbs with your students. It’s great for listening skills as students must actively listen for their card to be called. This is a great game for small groups of 5-10 students. **
- Slap-It: This SLAP IT game is an easy-to-play irregular past tense verb activity. It’s a fantastic way to practice 42 of the most commonly used past simple verbs with your students in groups or as a class activity. My students absolutely love playing this game!! It’s great for improving listening skills as students must actively listen for the past or present tense of the verb card to be called. *For younger learners this resource can be used as a memory game (matching past tense irregular verbs to the present tense)
- Cootie Catchers - Irregular Verbs
- Irregular Verb Card Game
|This resource is also available for purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers. If you prefer to purchase it there, follow this link.
How will you receive the resource?
After your payment has processed you will be redirected to a download page where you can immediately download the file and save it to your computer. You will also receive an email containing a link to the resource. .
* Due to the digital nature of this product. Hot Chocolate Education does NOT offer refunds. Once the product has been downloaded, it can't be returned and refunds can not be issued