Ordering Adjectives Sentence Building Activity and Grammar Reference
This reference guide helps students with ordering adjectives in sentences. It's a great resource to help with word order for both speaking and writing in ELL, ESL and EFL classrooms. This is a great reference to keep on hand to help students improve and expand sentences and make them more interesting by adding adjectives in the correct sentence order. Great for all ages from children to adults. The sorting activity is geared towards younger learners but can also be used as a speaking activity for older students.
- Adjective word order wheel (can be put on a keyring)
- Adjective quick reference guide with the following categories
- Opinion (each category contains more than 15 example adjectives)
(Both can be put on keyring for easy use) * Both of these references include the same adjective examples and information. Please choose which format to print and use. (The rectangular guide is quicker and easier to cut out).80 different nouns to use in adjective sorting or speaking activities.
- 80 different adjectives to use in sorting, speaking or writing activities.
- 80 different Nouns
- 1 Noun, adjective sorting page
- 1 Word order sentence building page
How to use this resource:
- Print one of adjective word order guides (wheel or rectangular), These can be used year round in writing centers or as a reference for speaking and group activities. They help students to form more interesting sentences. Example: instead of saying "It is a red apple", students are encouraged to add more adjectives: Example: It is a delicious red apple.
Different ways to use the adjectives and nouns included:
- Cut out the nouns and adjectives and use them as a group sorting activity.
- Give students a noun and have them think of a few adjectives to describe the noun and put them in the correct order.
- Use them as a sentence building activity.
- Give students a handful of nouns and adjectives and use them in a creative writing activity, paying close attention to the order in which they use the adjectives.
|This resource is also available for purchase on Teacher Pay Teachers. If you prefer to purchase it there, follow this link.
How will you receive the resource?
After your payment has processed you will be redirected to a download page where you can immediately download the file and save it to your computer.
* Due to the digital nature of this product. Hot Chocolate Education does NOT offer refunds. Once the product has been downloaded, it can't be returned and refunds can not be issued.