ESL Speaking Activity for Kids | Present and Past Tense Conversation Questions
This is a great activity to help your students respond to questions using the Present Simple , Past Simple and Present Perfect verb tenses. Print the prompts and keep them in a jar or box to always have a fun and interactive activity on-hand. All of the questions are ideal to use with school aged children with topics including: likes/dislikes, daily routine, past events and more.
Students should choose a random question from the jar or box and either answer the question or ask a classmate to answer. This reinforces both asking and answering simple questions in the present and past tenses.
- Great for primary and school aged ESL/EFL students.
- Perfect ice breaker Getting to know you” activity for the beginning of the year
- Transitioning activity
- End of class exit questions
- It's a "Print once and keep using forever" activity.
- Easy to differentiate - Three different levels of questions
The question cards have no rounded edges!!
154 Question cards (Three different levels)
- Questions 1-50 (Level 1) - Present Tense Questions
- Questions 51-100 (Level 2) - Past Simple Questions
- Questions 101-150 (Level 3) Present Perfect Questions
- 4 Starred Questions - Students can ask a question of their choice
- "Let's Chat Question Jar/Box Labels for all levels
|This resource is also available for purchase on Teacher Pay Teachers. If you prefer to purchase it there, follow this link.|
How to assemble and use this resource:
This is a full color pdf file. After printing the resource, I recommend laminating the cards before cutting. This increases durability and ensures that you can continue using this set again and again.
How will you receive the resource?
After your payment has processed you will be redirected to a download page where you can immediately download the file and save it to your computer. You will also receive an email containing a link to the resource.
* Due to the digital nature of this product. Hot Chocolate Education does NOT offer refunds. Once the product has been downloaded, it can't be returned and refunds can not be issued.